Day 3, 4 & 5

Ok I know I promised part 2 of the Fleece pj’s but unfortunately work didn’t seem to understand my dedication to Kids Clothes Week and called me in to work not once but twice! Needless to say I didn’t have as much time to put into sewing as I wanted to. So part 2 of the pj’s is coming I promise but in the mean time here is the Paris Skirt.

Paris Skirt
Named the Paris Skirt as it reminded me of French kids fashion (no idea why) it is a flat front skirt with an elastic back and pleats at the hemline. This was definitely a work of love as it is a size 3 and we have no kidlets in our life that are a size 3 and it took time, a lot more than I really bargained for HOWEVER, I absolutely LOVE the result! The fabric drapes well and everything came out very even (this doesn’t happen as often as I would like).

Paris skirt front  Paris skirt back
I think the little details I added to the skirt really make it just a little bit more than a simple skirt.
Paris skirt waist band detailParis skirt pleat detail
This was also a stash buster as well which is a total bonus! So I throw it over to you – should I make a pattern/tutorial for this skirt?

***UPDATE*** Thanks to all your kind words I will make a tutorial how to make a Paris skirt soon. So follow me on Facebook or Twitter so you know when it is up!!!

PARIS SKIRT: THE TUTORIAL IS NOW ON THE BLOG CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN IN ANY SIZE! THANKS FOR YOU PATIENCE!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I will make a tutorial soon :)

      Delete
  2. please make one! I'd be very keen on having a pattern so I can make it. A tutorial would be nice as well. I love the detailing and the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I will make a tutorial soon :)

      Delete
  3. Please make a pattern and tutorial

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I will make a tutorial soon :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely skirt. I wish i could make an adult size one for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I will make a tutorial soon and you will be able to use it to make an adult size one I promise!

      Delete
  5. My DIL spotted this skirt on Pinterest and wants one, so I'm anxiously waiting for the pattern. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete